[GPSCC-chat] SJ Pride Proposal to participate, Aug 17-18

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 18:36:50 PDT 2013

I don't think we should decide based on anticipated contributions and I would like to discourage that line of reasoning.  Our whole purpose is to get the Green word out, regardless.  With the victory over Prop 8 and the fact that as a party we've ALWAYS been LGBTQ positive, we are a good match for this event, but at the same time the LGBTQ community is deeply in the Dem corner (with notable Repub exception) so this is not like going to our base.  This is outreach.  Outreach is what we are here for.  We can and will wheel and deal on cost of getting space to accomplish our outreach mission.

Green is Rainbow!

Drew

On 8/1/2013 3:24 PM, Jim Doyle wrote:
> At that price it would be best to have enough tablers lined
> up with solid commitments to be there to cover the hours
> before negotiating for a reduction in price.
>
> I am of the opinion that the gap pride event would be a
> great place to be tabling.

       How much money would we likely collect?

       I'm for tabling anywhere we can find volunteers to table provided
we have some reasonable anticipation of covering most of our out of
pocket expenses.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

Green is GO!

Drew

~*~*~*~
Dr. Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala leading the 100 member Green Shadow Cabinet to A Green New Deal for America
http://greenshadowcabinet.us

Dr. Stein's Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
     First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd