[GPSCC-chat] SJ Pride Proposal to participate, Aug 17-18

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 11:27:20 PDT 2013

Green Party Councilors and members,

For 7 out of the past 9 years the GPSCC has participated in the SJ Pride event.  Sadly again this year there will not be a parade, though next year its likely.

I spoke with Gary Walker, organizer of SJ Pride.  I believe we should finagle with him and wrangle some kind of presence for the weekend.  He wants us there.  He set aside a premium space for us. I want us to be there. The normal price for a nonprofit (high I realize, no need to tell me) is $400 including the tables, chairs and overhead cover (not certain about power - forgot to ask).  He said we could have a "Ground only" deal where we supply everything for $300.  He said if that was still too much we should talk to him about additional possibilities.  One way or the other I propose we work something out with him and participate.

Green is GO!

Drew

~*~*~*~
Dr. Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala leading the 100 member Green Shadow Cabinet to A Green New Deal for America
http://greenshadowcabinet.us

Dr. Stein's Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
     First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd