[GPSCC-chat] Luis J. Rodriguez as Green Party Gubernatorialcandidiate - Putting the Cart Before the Horse

Drew rainbeaufriend at riseup.net
Mon Aug 19 13:23:48 PDT 2013

Just to clarify, the note from Jesse M (I don't know that person) was from
a different email list.

Luis sounds very interesting.  I am enjoying reading his book "Always
Running: La Vida Loca" right now, describing how he extracted himself from
gang life and became an inspirational leader for urban youth and people of
color everywhere.

I know there is some discussion questioning how loyal he would be to the
Greens, given that he was the VP. nominee from the Justice Party last
year.  The Justice Party was created by mostly disaffected former Greens
that were Naderites. There used to be a very strong two-faction rift in
the GPCA between the Feinstein faction and the
anti-Feinstein/Naderite/Cameo faction.  Previously Feinstein went out of
his way to using unethical and possibly illegal tactics to trash the
Nativo Lopez (who was part of the anti-Feinstein/Naderite/Cameo) and
alienated Nativo Lopez' large Latino base to Green Party to the point
where now the GPCA is labeled racist in some circles.  I don't know if
there is any direct connection between Nativo Lopez and Luis Rodriguez
beyond both being prominent Latino leaders from the LA area (where
Feinstein dominates), but it wouldn't surprise me if so.  And it wouldn't
surprise me if Luis Rodriguez weren't a target of Feinstein's.

So I definitely hope we can end up in a much better place with Latinos and
expanding the Greens in that way, and I also hope L.R. is constructively
working to build the Green Party (not refactionalize it).

Verde esta vamanos!

Drew / Andreas