[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Re: PROPOSED AGENDA FOR THURS AUG 22 GPSCC MEETING

Drew rainbeaufriend at riseup.net
Thu Aug 22 12:22:59 PDT 2013

Wes, the FB questions have nothing to do with "personal feelings".

If people don't know already, here are the facts: If you allow Facebook to
sow their "cookies" Facebook cookies  will tracks every page you visit
from then on.  Each and every page.

In the movie "Terms and Conditions May Apply" details how under current
U.S. legal practice by having a "third party" entity -- in this case FB --
do the surveillance for them the government is relieved of their
constitutional
responsibility to uphold our privacy rights(!?! -- yes that's what lawyers
are saying about this currently).  FB is truly in a partnership with the
NSA to track activists.

 (Movie info avail. at http://tacma.net/information.php.  The movie is
playing right now on pivot.tv -- to find pivot.tv go to
http://find.pivot.tv/ ).  Also see the review
http://www.blacklistednews.com/Documentary%3A_Terms_and_Conditions_May_Apply/28240/0/38/38/Y/M.html).

Now there's certainly a debate to be had whether we should or should not
bait our activists into this tracking by posting on FB and encouraging
people to use FB.  But it certainly has nothing to do with "personal
feelings."

A2K is a human right!

Drew

> Sorry, original reply went only to Sandy.  Should be for everyone.

MEETING