[GPSCC-chat] August Meeting Minutes

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Aug 22 21:37:24 PDT 2013

On 8/22/2013 9:26 AM, perrysandy at aol.com wrote:
> I added a couple of points and tried my best to put names by each
> agenda point. Sandy
> *Proposed Agenda---August 22, 2013 Green Party Meeting*
> 7:00-7:30No speaker has been proposed for this month.
> 7:30-7:40 Identify

> facilitator:  Sandy

> note taker:  Spencer

> vibes watcher:  Caroline

> time keeper:  John

> and agenda preparer: Sandy

> Intros and announcements:

       Several marches for Trayvon Martin- March Saturdayfor 50th
anniversarywith contingent for Trayvon, Aug. 24 -- 9:30 AM from St.
James & Second across from the Unitarian Church.

       Wed., Aug. 28, 11:45 AM, Tommy Smith & John Carlos statue on San
Jose State:  Real 50th anniversary of the March on Washington.

       Caroline is the acting treasurer for Jim.

> . Additions or corrections to agenda.
> 7:40-8:00 Health Care Committee report. Report on September 6 Health
> Care Movie showing with panel discussion including a Green Party
> speaker. What members can do to increase attendance. Prospects for
> building Green Party membership in the course of fighting for single
> payer health care. Caroline, Jim, Sandy.

       Need 2 people at a Green Party table at Seven Trees on Friday,
September 6, 6:30 - 9 PM (need people there at 5:30 PM to setup): John &
Andrea.  (Caroline and Sandy have major roles in the event and won't be
able to staff the table.)   Will show "The Health Care Movie".  Call
Caroline to arrange a time to see it at her home.

SG to produce a list of all Greens in the 95111 zip code area, send to
Jim and Caroline.
> 8:00-8:15 Report on August 3 Summer Heat Richmond march and other
> climate change activities. Gerry, people who attended Aug. 3.

       Sandy and wife Andrea attended with many others.  Caroline,
Gerry, Dana, Tian (tian.greens.org for photos - second row, click on
Richmond)  Started at the BART station 2.5 miles from the Chevron
refinery.  Many marched to a park 0.5 miles from the BART station.

       Tian will draft a letter to Gayle McLaughlin, Mayor of Richmond,
CA, thanking her for her leadership.  Richmond Progressive Alliance has
a web site with videos of attacks on Mayor McLaughlin (Green Party).

> 8:15--8:20 Treasurer report -- pass the hat. Jim

       $1,309.88 balance.
> 8:20-8:40 Report on Luis Rodriguez campaign for governor and any local
> actions we should take. All.

       Ballot access starts 180 days before the election -- starts in
December and runs through February.  He needs something like 10,000
signatures to get on the ballot for free.

       Before Sept. 6, we need to schedule an event for him to
speakafter Sept. 6, so thatthe event can be announced at the Sept. 6 event.

       Tian will contact him to see if he already has plans to be in or
near here and what if anything we should do to support a presentation by
him here.
> 8:40-8:50 Report on tabling at Gay Pride and discussion or decisions
> about Gay Pride tabling fees as needed. John, Drew, others.

       Jim to reimburse Drew $100 ($50 approved before hand plus $50 he
collected and already gave to Jim).  In addition, John gave $100
directly to Drew.  Pete gave him $40;  Tian also contributed.

> 8:50-9:00 Report on De Anza tabling and plans for club. Report on
> activity around Stop the Ban in Palo Alto. Dana, Gerry, Sandy, Drew.

     Sandy promised to organize a meeting on DeAnza, Friday, Sept. 27.

       Palo Alto officially banned sleeping in one's vehicle.

> 9:00-9:10March to Heal the Valley. Proposal for Endorsement and
> participation. Sandy

       Marching from E. San José to Apple & Google Oct. 7-11.

       Proposed:  The Santa Clara Green party will endorse this march.
Approved by consensus.

> 9:10-9:20Sept. tabling opportunities: Mountain View, Cupertino, Santa
> Clara, Morgan Hill.

This Sunday, August 25, at Caroline's, any time after 9 AMto help
organize materials for tabling.

       Mt. View, ~Castro St., free at the Free Speech area ($900 for
vendors) Sept. 7 & 8, 10 AM - 6 PM. Tian will show up around noon, stay
to the end and carry the stuff home. John volunteers for the morning of
Sept. 7.Tian to contact Valerie.

       Cupertino, Sept. 21:

Proposed: The Green Party buys a table for $50IF volunteers step forward
to staff it.  Consensus.

       Santa Clara:  No volunteers.

       Morgan Hill, Sept. 28 & 29 - If Wes is willing to table, we
should supportit, depending on the fee.

> 9:20-9:30 Discussion and decisions as needed around issues connected
> with the GPSCC facebook page. Drew and all.

       Caroline has volunteered to administrate the Facebook page for
the Green Party of Santa Clara County. Tian will contribute, e.g, pictures.

> 9:30Adjourn
> //
> //

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD