[GPSCC-chat] PROPOSED AGENDA THURS DEC 19 - SEND ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Wed Dec 18 21:08:14 PST 2013

Proposed Agenda — GPSCCThursday Dec 19

7:00-7:30         Nospeaker has been proposed for this month.

7:30-7:40         Identifyfacilitator, note taker, vibes watcher, time keeper and agenda preparer. Introsand announcements. Additions or corrections to agenda.

7:40-8:00        Health Care Committeereport. Sandy.

8:00-8:20         Reporton climate change actions, next steps, role of GPSCC. Gerry, Caroline.

8:20–9:00        Collecting signatures for Green partycandidates:  We need a plan to obtain the required forms and circulatethem.

9:00 – 9:10    Instant RunoffVoting in Santa Clara County:  The current status will be discussed
at the Jan. 7 meeting of the SantaClara County Citizens' Advisory Commission on Elections (6 PM). Spencer.

8:35-8:45        Tabling &activity reports. De Anza. Holiday Peace Fair. December 9 Restore the DeltaDemonstration

8:40-8:50        UpcomingActivities. FCC Chair TomWheeler will be in Oakland, Jan. 9, 7 PM, Niles Hall, Preservation Park, 1233Preservation Park Way, Oakland CA 94612. I'm thinking of attending to supportNet Neutrality, oppose media consolidation, etc.  What other concerns doyou feel should be expressed at an FCC Town Hall like this?  Spencer.

8:50-9:00        Discusspossibly having a talk by Daniel Sheehan and presenting his book "ThePeople's Advocate: The Life and Legal History of America's Most Fearless PublicInterest Lawyer".   In the book, Sheehan details his involvement withlegal cases such as the Pentagon Papers Case in 1971, the Watergate BurglaryCase in 1973, the Karen Silkwood case in 1976, the American Sanctuary MovementCase in 1981 and the Iran/Contra Racketeering Case against the Reagan/Bushadministration. John.

9:00-9:10          Announcing the Green Apple! Sustainable, upgradable, and backward software
compatible, the Green Apple will also be non-toxic, recyclable, andbiodegradable. Brian.

9:10-9:15         Treasurerreport – pass the hat. Jim

9:15                 Adjourn

Come on down! I'm celebrating beinga gardener for two years. I'm celebrating being a green activist for yetanother year. I'm celebrating Bike Party. I'm celebrating the local community,and whatever else comes to the party to. Happy Festivus! Probably I'll have a"plain aluminum pole made from beer cans" for you to see. ProbablyI'll bring my camera and take your picture at least once during the evening.Probably we'll have access to a pool table that works, but the main event istalking to all the other people who show up in a warm and comfortable room.
When: anytimebetween 7 PM and 10 PM, Friday December 27th, 2012.
Where: the clubhouse at 505 Cypress Point Drive in Mountain View.
We'llprobably be there until 11ish, but probably the participation will be thin atthe early end. I'd love one or two people to volunteer to be early. Tian.