[GPSCC-chat] PROPOSED AGENDA THURS DEC 19 - SEND ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Dec 19 14:03:00 PST 2013

       another revision to the proposed agenda;  see you this evening.
Spencer

On 12/18/2013 9:08 PM, perrysandy at aol.com wrote:
> *Proposed Agenda --- GPSCC Thursday Dec 19*
> 7:00-7:30No speaker has been proposed for this month.
> 7:30-7:40 Identify facilitator, note taker, vibes watcher, time keeper
> and agenda preparer. Intros and announcements. Additions or
> corrections to agenda.
> 7:40-8:00Health Care Committee report. Sandy.
> 8:00-8:20 Report on climate change actions, next steps, role of GPSCC.
> Gerry, Caroline.
> 8:20--9:00 Collecting signatures for Green party candidates:  We need
> a plan to obtain the required forms and circulate them. ** CAN WE HAVE
> A PLAN THAT WILL DELIVER FORMS FOR SIGNATURE AT TIAN'S PARTY, DEC. 27,
> 7-10 PM?
> 9:00 -- 9:10Instant Runoff Voting in Santa Clara County:  The current
> status will be discussed
> at the Jan. 7 meeting of the Santa Clara County Citizens' Advisory
> Commission on Elections (6 PM).Spencer.
> 8:35-8:45 Tabling & activity reports. De Anza. Holiday Peace Fair.
> December 9 Restore the Delta Demonstration
> 8:40-8:50 Upcoming Activities. FCC Chair Tom Wheeler will be in
> Oakland, Jan. 9, 7 PM, Niles Hall, Preservation Park, 1233
> Preservation Park Way, Oakland CA 94612. I'm thinking of attending to
> support Net Neutrality, oppose media consolidation, etc.  What other
> concerns do you feel should be expressed at an FCC Town Hall like
> this?Spencer.
> 8:50-9:00Discuss possibly having a talk by Daniel Sheehan and
> presenting his book "The People's Advocate: The Life and Legal History
> of America's Most Fearless Public Interest Lawyer".   In the book,
> Sheehan details his involvement with legal cases such as the Pentagon
> Papers Case in 1971, the Watergate Burglary Case in 1973, the Karen
> Silkwood case in 1976, the American Sanctuary Movement Case in 1981
> and the Iran/Contra Racketeering Case against the Reagan/Bush
> administration. John.
> 9:00-9:10Announcing the Green Apple! Sustainable, upgradable, and
> backward software
> compatible, the Green Apple will also be non-toxic, recyclable, and
> biodegradable. Brian.
> 9:10-9:15Treasurer report -- pass the hat. Jim
> 9:15Would the Santa Clara Greens like to co-sponsor showing and
> discussing the Robert Reich movie, Inequality for All, on or about
> Feb. 22, in conjunction with the local Dream Menders (and probably
> other groups like Common Cause), similar to our joint sponsorship of
> "The United States of ALEC", last Oct. 13?  Spencer

9:25      Would the Santa Clara Greens like to co-sponsor (with
organizations like Dream Menders, Human Agenda and PACT) events
discussing "Social Benefit businesses" like cooperatives or not-for
profit microcredit organizations like the Grameen Banks?  [These would
seem to be similar to Brian's "Green Apple".]  Spencer

9:30 Adjourn
> *Come on down!*I'm celebrating being a gardener for two years. I'm
> celebrating being a green activist for yet another year. I'm
> celebrating Bike Party. I'm celebrating the local community, and
> whatever else comes to the party to. Happy Festivus! Probably I'll
> have a "plain aluminum pole made from beer cans" for you to see.
> Probably I'll bring my camera and take your picture at least once
> during the evening. Probably we'll have access to a pool table that
> works, but the main event is talking to all the other people who show
> up in a warm and comfortable room.
> *When: anytime between 7 PM and 10 PM, Friday December 27th, 2012.
> Where: the clubhouse at 505 Cypress Point Drive in Mountain View. *
> We'll probably be there until 11ish, but probably the participation
> will be thin at the early end. I'd love one or two people to volunteer
> to be early.Tian.

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.