[GPSCC-chat] Documenting Crony Capitalism?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Feb 3 14:40:41 PST 2013

Dear Gerry:

On 2/3/2013 2:14 PM, Gerry Gras wrote:

> I know what my #1 priority is: global warming.
> I know that my #2, #3 priorities are those
> that affect global warming, for example
> the issues Move to Amend are working on,
> e.g. Corporations are NOT people, Money is
> NOT speech.
>
> I believe that currently the issues for the
> MSM are immigration reform and gun control,
> but that could change quickly.
>
> I don't what the priorities for the average
> American are.
>
> If you want your questions answered for global
> warming, I could look into it.

       If you'd like to take the time to try to document these things in
Wikiversity, I'd be happy to help.  I think if we get adequate
documentation of this, we could find excuses to cite this work in
stories we submit to Wikinews, Indymedia, and elsewhere.  That could
ultimately help elevate the issue on the international stage to the
point that the mainstream media would lose audience if the don't give it
more coverage.

       What documentation can you find of how much money the Koch
brothers and others have spent to convince the public that human
activity is NOT necessarily a major contributor to global warming and
therefore we should do nothing?  That's not in the Wikipedia article on
"Political activities of the Koch brothers" along with clear discussion
of the conflict of interest issues.  Also, a conservative I know claimed
that the scientist who say that global warming is a problem have a
conflict of interest.  That needs to be documented as well at least in
Wikiversity and also in Wikipedia; Wikipedia may reject some material
like this claiming that it's original research.  Wikiversity supports
original research, which is one reason I recommend documenting this
material there.

       I'm not eager to take the lead on this issue, but I would be
thrilled to help you.

       Thanks for the reply.
       Spencer

--