[GPSCC-chat] cosponsor disclose act SB 52 event

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 4 00:50:17 PST 2013

I contacted Hi Jim,

Thank you for contacting us about endorsing SB 52, the California
DISCLOSE Act.

We are planning a Bay Area kickoff for the campaign for SB 52 in Palo
Alto on March 9.

I was planning to contact the Green Party of Santa Clara County this
week to ask if you
would endorse the bill and also cosponsor the kickoff.  Cosponsoring
entails advertising
to your membership and having some people attend the kickoff.  I have
attached a temporary
flyer with details.

As soon as we have several cosponsors to list we will start sending out
regular flyers
for the event.  I have attached a dual purpose form that can be signed
and faxed or
scanned or mailed back to the contact info at the bottom of the form.

An additional event of interest is this Saturday, Feb. 9, at 4pm. Former
U.S. Senator Russ Feingold
will speak at Congregation Beth Am on "The Citizens United Decision and
the Role of Corporate
Money in the American Political Process."  After his talk, Trent Lange,
director of California Clean
Money Campaign, and State Senator Jerry Hill will speak about the
California DISCLOSE Act,
and I will be there to enlist volunteers.  I am going to send that flyer
separately as it is a larger file.

Best regards,

Nancy Neff
Regional Volunteer Coordinator