[GPSCC-chat] Fw: [350SiliconValley] Letter to distribute to family-friendly outlets

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Mon Feb 11 14:50:26 PST 2013

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Deborah Levoy <divamusic at comcast.net>
To: 350siliconvalley at googlegroups.com
Sent: Sun, February 10, 2013 10:34:19 AM
Subject: [350SiliconValley] Letter to distribute to family-friendly outlets

Dear friends,
Are you on a family-friendly distribution list? If so, please consider sending
the below message or your own such message to family-friendly groups. I'd love
to get the word out to families. I've sent it to 2 downtown San Jose family
yahoo groups. Feel free to take out/change the part re taking Caltrain (although
it would be lovely to see families on Bart and Caltrain going to the event next
Sunday!)
Thank you! Deborah

--

Dear neighbors and fellow parents,
I'd like to share information with you about the Forward on Climate Rally on

This rally is a chance to be part of history. The San Francisco rally will be
the 2nd largest rally on climate change in the history of our country (the
main rally in DC on the same day will be the largest.) We in the Bay area have
the chance to send a history-changing message to Obama and to the world: that we
are taking a stand for our children's future and want action on this issue.
There will be some brief speakers (short enough for kids' bandwidths!) and one
of the speakers will be a high school student, exemplifying how kids can effect
change, even before they become adults. I am guessing the major tv networks will
be there.

I'm hoping you will join our family at the rally and tell all your
friends/family as well. The larger the turnout, the better for our kids'
futures. In fact, wouldn't it be fun to take the Caltrain together from Diridon
station for a day of family adventure?

There's lots of information on the 350BayArea website about the issues: how
climate change will directly affect the Bay area and what solutions are already
available to prevent a disastrous change in climate.

We are working on organizing kid-friendly activities for the rally and if anyone
would like to help, please email divamusic at comcast.net (Deborah).