[GPSCC-chat] Agenda Item For 2-28-13 GPSCC GA Meeting

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 20:02:30 PST 2013

Yes, I don't see this as at all analogous to a holiday present where surprise is appropriate and expected -- No it's a group consensus process where surprising people with last minute announcement of decisions you've made by yourself.

In December you and I were attempting to co-lead a talk by the Middle East authority Dr. Sharat Lin that I had arranged for at my church (where I am accountable for the event in a special way because I was sticking my neck out to have the event). At the last minute and without discussing it with me you wanted to alter the nature of the  presentation that.  You wanted to turn it into a debate with your room mate Pete (clearly a mismatch since no matter all his virtues Pete is a nonexpert on the topic) and have us go along with your concept since you'd printed out some handouts with references to a panel (something I'd never heard of let alone agreed to). You might be able to see why I'm not that keen on surprises from agenda items you're requesting.

So no, I don't see why you're not willing to tell who you're interested in us sponsoring.  Please be more open.

Green is GO!

Drew

~*~*~*~
Jill Stein for President -- A Green New Deal for America
Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
     First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer