[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: PLEASE SIGN ON: Support Letter to Protect Santa Clara County's Immigrant Detainer Policy

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Wed Jan 9 14:38:38 PST 2013

Hello, All:

       Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen is asking Santa
Clara to support the Secure Communities program of US Immigration and
Customs Enforcement.  The Santa Clara Forum for Immigrant Rights and
Empowerment (FIRE) supports the current policy of refusing to comply
with this federal program.   They are asking different concerned groups
to "sign on" to a letter they've drafted in opposition to this Rosen's
attack on the current policy;  please see the letter below.

       Moreover, they would like an answer by this Friday, if possible.
The current policy seems to support social justice and respect for
diversity, items 2 and 8 in the Green Party's Ten Key Values
(www.gp.org/tenkey.php).  If anyone knows a good reason the Green Party
should NOT endorse this, please let me know.  Otherwise, I will assume
attempt to obtain approval by the County Council and assume the group
would want us to support this.

       Thanks,
       Spencer