[GPSCC-chat] Silicon Valley Transportation Summit: Sat 2/23/2013, 10-4, San Jose

Valerie D. Face vdf at juno.com
Wed Jan 9 18:45:33 PST 2013

Hi folks,

FYI, there will be a Silicon Valley Transportation Summit on Saturday, February 23 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at Luther Burbank School in San Jose.

Online registration starts a week from today (January 16) at:
http://www.transformca.org/SiliconValleySummit2013

Event description:
"The Silicon Valley Transportation Summit is a day-long gathering to encourage community leaders and residents to get involved in the many opportunities to shape their neighborhoods, streets, and transportation options in the coming years.  The conference aims to foster deep community engagement and meaningful participation in transportation and land use planning processes by providing trainings on what’s at stake in the coming year and how to influence plans, projects, and policies.  The conference will also feature accessible and interactive workshops on best practices for creating accessible communities.  Our target audience is new and experienced community residents, leaders, and activists who want to take part in shaping their communities."

Best wishes,
Valerie

~*~*~*~
"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
    - from "The Summer Day" by Mary Oliver
      http://www.loc.gov/poetry/180/133.html