[GPSCC-chat] $50 fee for committees such as ours

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 22 14:21:56 PST 2013

The check for the $50 fee is in the mail.

In November, as treasurer, I received a letter from the
Secretary of State, Debra Bowen, notifying us of legislation passed in
2011(?)  that took effect on 1 Jan 2013.  Each qualified committee that
has filed a Form 410, as we  have, is required to pay an annual fee on
time, terminate, or be fined

What is Form 410?
Form 410  Statement of Organisation - Recipient Committee
is filed (FPPC and ROV) upon original organisation of  a group that accepts
monies or donates money to candidates or ballot measures, etc..
It includes names and addresses of  Treasurer and other princiipal
officers.
When changes take place an amended Form 410 is filed

Once January rolled around I chose continued operation
for the Green Party of Santa Clara County and wrote the check
for $50 and mailed it

So that is one more item that is easy enough to remember.  Just send it in
with the semi annual report (Form 460) that details income and expenses
of $100 or more.

And yes, the January semi annual report (Form 460) was submitted on time.