[GPSCC-chat] Agenda

Brian Good snug.bug at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:42:00 PST 2013

I'd like a few minutes to talk about the third-generation California Disclose Act,
SB52.  Democrats hold 2/3 majorities in both Assembly and Senate so this year
is likely to be the year we win.  So join us!

Also, I'd like to briefly express my enthusiasm for developing new technologies.

1.  Many years I have been unhappy that there has been no high-tech reinvention
of a Commodore 64, Texas Instruments 99, Radio Shack TRS-80, or Atari 800 that
could plug into our TVs.

2.  For many years I have wanted a belt-pack flash-drive video recorder so I
can plug my flaky old mini-DV video cameras into a tapeless recorder.

3.  Smart phone tech is bringing us a computing reinvention without Windows,
without Apple, without Intel or AMD.   It runs Linux, it's thumb-drive or credit
card sized, it's cheap, and it's here.  Google A10, A31, Raspberry Pi.

Brian