[GPSCC-chat] Electoral reform in the US

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sun Jun 23 16:36:01 PDT 2013

Hello, All:

WIKIPEDIA

       1.  Might you have time to review and comment on the Wikipedia
article on "Electoral reform in the United States"?  Your comments could
help improve that article.  (I wrote much of the current text.)

             1.1.  I've asked for time on the agenda for the Green party
meeting this Thursday for a resolution supporting a list of reforms
mentioned there and for collaborating with other organizations in
promoting these reforms.

             1.2.  I've just completed a substantial revision of that
article, and I'd be pleased to have any suggestions you may have for how
to improve that Wikipedia article.

CITIZEN-FUNDED NEWS

       2.  The single most important reform I think we need is
citizen-funded news.  The lack of adequate investigative journalism in
the US today seems to me to be a primary obstacle to reasonable progress
against all the other major problems facing the US and the world today.
Unfortunately, no organization I know is working on this.

             2.1.  I hope the Santa Clara Greens will pass the proposed
resolution on this and other reforms at our meeting this Thursday.

             2.2.  I also hope I can get suggestions and perhaps other
help from you all on how to promote this and other electoral reforms
with other groups and individuals.

       I hope to see you Thursday.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer