[GPSCC-chat] FINAL PROPOSED AGENDA GREEN PARTY SCC JUNE 27

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Wed Jun 26 21:41:43 PDT 2013

Final ProposedAgenda—June 27, 2013 Green Party Meeting

7:00-7:30         Nospeaker has been proposed for this month.

7:30-7:40         Identifyfacilitator, note taker, vibes watcher, time keeper and agenda preparer. Introsand announcements. Additions or corrections to agenda.

7:40-8:20         HealthCare Committee report. Proposed September 6 Health Care Movie showing withpanel discussion including a Green Party speaker. Prospects for building GreenParty membership in the course of fighting for single payer health care.

8:20-8:35         Reporton May 29 Day of Action, June 6 Obama protest and other climate changeactivities.

8:35-8:50         Reportback by delegates from State meeting, June 22-23.

8:50-9:00         Electionfor County Council.

9:00-9:10         Appointment of new termStanding General Assembly GPSCC members

9:10-9:15         Treasurerreport – pass the hat.

9:15-9:20         Discussshowing “Over Troubled Waters”

9:20-9:25         Reporton tabling/participation at March vs Monsanto, De Anza, Juneteenth

9:25-9:30         Julytabling plans.

Finally, Spencer has suggest we adopt the followingresolution. We do not have time to do it justice at this meeting. We couldeither a) refer it to County Council if we feel it is non-controversial, or b)agendize for 20 minutes or more in July when we have more time.

“The Green Party of Santa Clara Countysupports the following initiatives for electoral reform:  OverturningCitizens United, citizen-funded election and news, the US and CaliforniaDisclose Acts, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (that requiresparticipating states to commit all their electoral votes to the candidate whowins the popular vote), and Instant-runoff voting (as outlined in the Wikipediaarticle on "Electoral reform in the United States").  The Green Partyof Santa Clara County will collaborate with all other organizations working topass these issues including getting supporting resolutions passed at local andstate levels as appropriate.  This includes in particular Move to Amendand Rootstrikers.”