[GPSCC-chat] FINAL PROPOSED AGENDA GREEN PARTY SCC JUNE 27

Drew rainbeaufriend at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 27 07:57:50 PDT 2013

If there is no other speaker, I'd like to play the prototype Greencast (ie. Green pod-/ogg-cast) "GreenTekValley" that I did for my "Political Economy of Silicon Valley" class at De Anza college.  It's about 15 minutes long.  We can discuss the possibilities that doing the ongoing Greencast it raises for our party.

Green is GO!

Drew

~*~*~*~
Dr. Jill Stein and Cheri Honkala leading the 100 member Green Shadow Cabinet to A Green New Deal for America
http://greenshadowcabinet.us

Dr. Stein's Campaign website:  http://www.jillstein.org/
Climate Voter Power Pledge: http://www.jillstein.org/dc_climate_protests
     First TV Ad http://tinyurl.com/JillStein1stAd

>________________________________

Agenda—June 27, 2013 Green Party Meeting

>7:00-7:30         No
speaker has been proposed for this month.

>7:30-7:40         Identify
facilitator, note taker, vibes watcher, time keeper and agenda preparer. Intros
and announcements. Additions or corrections to agenda.

>7:40-8:20         Health
Care Committee report. Proposed September 6 Health Care Movie showing with
panel discussion including a Green Party speaker. Prospects for building Green
Party membership in the course of fighting for single payer health care.

>8:20-8:35         Report
on May 29 Day of Action, June 6 Obama protest and other climate change
activities.

>8:35-8:50         Report
back by delegates from State meeting, June 22-23.

>8:50-9:00         Election
for County Council.

>9:00-9:10         Appointment of new term
Standing General Assembly GPSCC members

>9:10-9:15         Treasurer
report – pass the hat.

>9:15-9:20         Discuss
showing “Over Troubled Waters”

>9:20-9:25         Report
on tabling/participation at March vs Monsanto, De Anza, Juneteenth

>9:25-9:30         July
tabling plans.

>Finally, Spencer has suggest we adopt the following
resolution. We do not have time to do it justice at this meeting. We could
either a) refer it to County Council if we feel it is non-controversial, or b)
agendize for 20 minutes or more in July when we have more time.

>“The Green Party of Santa Clara County
supports the following initiatives for electoral reform:  Overturning
Citizens United, citizen-funded election and news, the US and California
Disclose Acts, the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (that requires
participating states to commit all their electoral votes to the candidate who
wins the popular vote), and Instant-runoff voting (as outlined in the Wikipedia
article on "Electoral reform in the United States").  The Green Party
of Santa Clara County will collaborate with all other organizations working to
pass these issues including getting supporting resolutions passed at local and
state levels as appropriate.  This includes in particular Move to Amend
and Rootstrikers.”