[GPSCC-chat] 25th Anniversary next month of Hansen testimony

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Mon May 13 10:29:03 PDT 2013

The 25th anniversary of James Hansen testimony to
Congress about climate change is just next month:
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/24/us/global-warming-has-begun-expert-tells-senate.html

It seems to me that this provides a messaging opportunity!

Gerry

P.S. I don't know for sure whether this was Hansen's
FIRST testimony to Congress, but it seems to be.
http://grist.org/article/a-climate-hero-the-early-years/

P.P.S. This was not the first warning about climate change,
for example:

 From 1977:
http://www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=12024&page=R8
"The principal conclusion of this study is that the primary limiting
factor on energy production from fossil fuels over the next few
centuries may turn out to be the climatic effects of the release of
carbon dioxide."