[GPSCC-chat] Fw: [350SiliconValley] Wednesday May 29th Action: Palo Alto noon-1pm

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed May 22 22:27:14 PDT 2013

--- On Wed, 5/22/13, Jane <jane at delforge-melia.net> wrote:

From: Jane <jane at delforge-melia.net>
Subject: [350SiliconValley] Wednesday May 29th Action: Palo Alto noon-1pm
To: 350siliconvalley at googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 10:17 PM

Dear All,

We need your support for an up-coming day of action!

350 SV is participating in the National Day of Action next Wednesday May 29th initiated by the Organizing for Action, with local events in our area.  The aim of this day of action is to make sure that Climate Change receives the attention it deserves from our leaders.  On that day, volunteers across the country will be asking their members of Congress to promote climate change as a serious issue.

As part of this , we need your support to do the following:

1.       Participate: Volunteers will assemble in Palo Alto at noon on Wednesday May 29th to generate media attention for this effort before walking to Representative Eshoo’s office to deliver our message to Representative Eshoo.   The meeting point is: Lytton Plaza (Palo Alto, CA), Emerson Street and University Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301.  The event is expected to last one hour.  See details at: https://my.barackobama.com/page/event/detail/gscx28.  Please RSVP to me (jane at delforge-melia.net) if you plan to attend so we can have a good estimate on numbers.
2.       Sign the OFA petition: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1v6jSlG9khFsuEToppYAZ5j0osNSDyH7-e63rcLxW-oM/viewform
3.       Sign the letter to Anna Eshoo regarding Keystone Xcel and Climate Change here .  We will hand deliver it to her office on May 29th.  Note that while OFA and 350 have different strategies regarding Keystone Xcel, we are closely aligned on our overall objectives of driving real action on climate change.  While OFA does not focus on Keystone Xcel, they are aware of and comfortable with the fact that 350 will be presenting a letter that includes this topic.

Looking forward to your participation at this event!

Jane