[GPSCC-chat] Check out this Newsmax poll Re: Govt shutdown

Cameron L. Spitzer cls at truffula.sj.ca.us
Tue Oct 8 08:01:16 PDT 2013

Newsmax is another Brietbart or Drudge.  They present press releases
from Heartland (the main public relations firm for the fossil fuels
industries' anti-science PR campaign) packaged as investigative
reporting.  A lot of their material leads directly to the John Birch
Society.  These outfits aren't just "biased," they make up lies from
nothing.  I suspect the "survey" John forwarded is either made up by
some PR firm or collected from one of their "vote on this survey" banner
ads.  I intentionally don't use an ad blocker, and I see a *lot *of
Newsmax ads, almost as many as Amazon's or whatever mail order company I
bought from last month.  Like Limbaugh's and Beck's, the advertising on
their site is for vanity-press books and gold-bugger and survivalist
tracts, so I suspect they operate at a loss and get funding through
something like Donors Trust.