[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: Re: [gpca-grow] Luis Rodriguez Meet-and-Greets in Fresno, Richmond, Oakland, San Fernando, Napa

Drew rainbeaufriend at riseup.net
Fri Oct 25 16:49:44 PDT 2013

-------- Original Message --------
From: Richard <nate136_66 at yahoo.com>
Sent: Thu Oct 24 16:25:16 PST 2013
To: GPCA Grasswork Organizing Working Group <gpca-grow at cagreens.org>
Subject: Re: [gpca-grow] Luis Rodriguez Meet-and-Greets in Fresno, Richmond,	Oakland, San Fernando, Napa

hey all,
First off, Luis spoke with a combine classroom of Chicano/Latino, African-American and another class(a handful of white students).  Students were interested and asked lots of questions.  ..   Luis was excellent.  The school event was done thru facebook and word of mouth thanks to the Instructor, Matt Watson since it happened in 2 days.  Next visit we will have more time to prepare a bigger event.  The instructor took a video of the event but is unsure of the audio quality.  Will find out later.  Only 1 school reporter was there despite the fact that I was unable to get any reply via e-mail so I went to their office.  got lucky on that.

Tonite's event should have pictures for the Facebook.  Should be different since it will be an older crowd.  We shall see what happens..

Edy has a point but with less than a week and a half I wasn't sure we could pull it off.  Attached is the flyer for the original event that will happen later todayI sent via e-mail to folks and the media. I put information on the Fresno County GP facebook because didn't know how many would show on this late date.  Only competition for this was the John Lennon video about the government's  perscution.