[GPSCC-chat] Syrian Rebels Admit That THEY Were Responsible For Chemical Weapons Use In August 2013

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 07:58:01 PDT 2013

Ok, so the news source is a bit new.  The reporters who wrote the original source article are mentioned in the bio at the end of the article.  One is a student and the other is a regular reporter with a masters degree who writes for major news outlets.  But as far as fact checking goes, you might want to examine the following photograph that has been waived around by John Kerry as "evidence" of a major chemical weapons attack in Syria. It turns out that it is actually from Iraq circa 2003.

https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1240499_582710218441965_260957735_n.jpg

The post I got this from off of Facebook is located here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=582710218441965&set=a.195185000527824.48209.195181403861517&type=1&theater

The caption on Facebook reads:

Photography by hamde abu rahma .
Like This Page · 10 hours ago
IMPORTANT TO KNOW !
So, Secretary of State John Kerry referenced this photograph when
making his speech today, trying to drive home how awful the Syrian
chemical attack was as he tried to convince us why we should go to war.
One problem. The picture isn't even from Syria. It's from Iraq in 2003.
The photographer, Marco di Lauro, said he nearly "fell off his chair"
when he saw it was being used to promote a war in Syria. It's getting
pretty disturbing to see how far our politicians, both Republican and
Democrat, are willing to go to drum up support for a war nobody wants.

Of course it is hard to know the veracity of a posting on Facebook, but it is either that or rely on the drivel from CNN or the not too detailed rebuttals available on rt.com, which rarely touches on these details.

John Thielking