[GPSCC-chat] public citizen on medicare and single payer

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 8 12:04:05 PDT 2013

Here are a couple of items mentioned in an email letter of solicitation
I received from Public Citizen

    * Public Citizen will defend Medicare from anyone — Democrat or
      Republican —
    * who seeks to cut benefits or to corporatize, privatize or
      voucherize this essential
    * public service. Not on our watch. Not ever.

    * We will ramp up the fight for a Medicare-for-All, single-payer
      health care system,
    * so that people’s well-being, not corporate profits, are the focus
      and so that nobody
    * stays sick or dies because they can’t afford the exorbitant cost
      of private insurance.

So we have friends who are working on a single payer health care system
to keep in mind.