[GPSCC-chat] Health Fair

Jim Doyle j.m.doyle at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 12 13:19:34 PDT 2013

Opportunity to get involved with Vietnamese and Spanish
communities.

*Saturday, September 14 2013 @ 9 AM
**Our Lady of La Vang Parish
**389 E. Santa Clara St
**San Jose*

We strive to empower our communities with educational workshops
and presentations to understand the new health insurance marketplace
Covered California, and to understand the impact of the Affordable Care
Act for immigrants.

Health, Insurance, and You
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Main Stage
Spanish & Vietnamese translation will be available.

If you are unable to make the presentation, Covered California will be
tabling at the Health Fair. Also, you can email me at yanyin at cucsj.org
to get a digital copy of the presentation.

Affordable Care Act & Immigrants
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM & 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Two sessions are offered.
Workshop with Vietnamese translation will be in room Lecture 1.
Workshop in Spanish will be in room Lecture 2.

This incredible day also includes free flu shots, free medical and
dental screenings, cultural performances, zumba, raffle and prizes,
and a workshop on Hepatitis B through Gilead Sciences.

There will be complimentary lunch and a Health Fair from
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM with community resources.

To learn more, read and share our blog here: http://wp.me/p3NJjN-et

We encourage all community members to participate. The event is free.

Sponsored by CommUniverCity San José in partnership with
Our Lady of La Vang Parish, Foothill Community Health Center,
Covered California, Community Health Partnership,
Asian Americans for Community Involvement (AACI),
Asian Pacific Islander Justice Coalition,
SIREN (Services, Immigrant Rights, and Education Network),
and SEIU Local 521