[GPSCC-chat] Fw: [350svnotarsands] 9/28 No Tar Sands Meeting Notes

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Sun Sep 29 08:15:23 PDT 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Pierre Delforge <pedelforge at gmail.com>
Cc: 350svnotarsands at googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:35 PM
Subject: [350svnotarsands] 9/28 No Tar Sands Meeting Notes

No tar Sands team,

Thank you to all who came for a great meeting this afternoon!

Most of the meeting was focused on San Jose KXL Pledge of Resistance Sit-In event planned at the end of October, since we found out that CREDO and RAN (Rainforest Action Network) are organizing a Sit-In in San Jose late October (exact date tbd), as a warning shot to the Obama Administration and to demonstrate our determination to resist the KXL pipeline should they approve it.

They are organizing a meeting/training about it next Saturday 10/5, 9am-2pm (exact location tbd). The 350SV No Tar Sands team wants to help organize the event to turn out people and have as much impact as possible. We have just established contact with the organizers and still have many unknowns about their needs, but came up with a proposed organization plan. This may change as we coordinate with the event organizers.

Check out the organization plan in the meeting notes here, vote on the event name, let Pierre know if you were not at the meeting today but would like to participate in the organization of the event (if you just intend to participate in the event itself, we'll setup an RSVP page soon).

Organization committee call: please fill in this Doodle poll if you would like to participate in the event planning committee calls and indicate your availability:

Thank you for all you do to win the KXL fight and curb climate disruption!!!

Pierre

If the links don't work for you, here they are in full:
Meeting notes : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C_nqJTkDZAnLgD6mJZKIi_lx93f2or6x8PcCQjJ4jOI/edit#

Doodle poll: http://doodle.com/uba8azv4nnt4ybci