[GPSCC-chat] RT Censors Entire Episode Of Breaking The Set

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 10:06:40 PDT 2014

If you go to the Breaking The Set Youtube page located here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/breakingtheset

you can see that there is the Friday 3-28-14 show posted as show # 353 and there is the 4-2-14 show posted as show # 354. I will swear on a stack of bibles (but not in vain) that on Monday 3-31-14 there was a single broadcast of a new BTS show at 3PM Pacific Time featuring an anonymous artist who had his face hidden who was talking about his campaign to overturn copyright laws in his country. The new Monday show was not repeated in the 6:30PM PT time slot nor was it repeated in the 8:30AM PT time slot the next day. In its place was the 3-28-14 show # 353. I left messages about this on the BTS and Abby Martin Facebook pages and did get one terse response from the BTS people saying they weren't sure why this happened (but acknowledging that it DID happen, so it's not my imagination or missrecollection of a previous but different show broadcast in the Monday 3PM time slot).

Publicly, Abby Martin maintains that RT.com allows her editorial freedom with her show and brags that she didn't get fired for criticizing Putin's "invasion" and "aggression" in Crimea on air on one of her shows a couple of weeks ago. But I wonder if that is all there is to the story. Monday's incident has left me feeling just a little suspicious. What do you think?

John Thielking

PS Monday was a holiday for some people, but quite often what happens on holidays (and other alternative media broadcasters do this too) is that they will broadcast a new show on the holiday and then rerun an old show the day after. The reruns the day after happened on BTS and Flashpoints on kpfa.org, which is normal. I have no beef with that.