[GPSCC-chat] RT Censors Entire Episode Of Breaking The Set

Brian snug.bug at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 3 12:23:37 PDT 2014

RT does some good work, but their work on 9/11 has mostly been terrible.  They seem to have a
talent for picking out the most discrediting people to represent the 9/11 Truth movement,
consistently featuring persons such as the blatant con artist William Rodriguez, and  the bigot and
violence-monger and liar Dr. Kevin Barrett.

Another 9/11 "expert" of RT's is Webster Tarpley, who famously wiped out in 2007 when he
published the Kennebunkport Letter warning that a Cheney-orchestrated terrorist attack was
imminent.   Signatories included several prominent members of the peace movement,
including Cindy Sheehan and Cynthia McKinney and Ann Wright.  When these worthies
protested that their signatures had been obtained under false pretenses, Tarpley melted down
and called them "wretched individuals".

Tarpley's nonsense dampened the good relations that the truth movement had been developing
in the peace movement, and it badly divided the truth movement--some siding with Tarpley (and
his buddy Barrett) out of personal loyalties, and others deploring Tarpley's poor political sense
and the idiocy of repeatedly  warning of upcoming attacks that never come to pass.  Apparently
Tarpley's notoriety both in the truth movement and the peace movement was unknown to RT
when they interviewed him.

RT's most recent 9/11-related coverage  of which I am aware (Abby Martin, a veteran of the truth
movement in San Diego, has refrained from covering it) was last fall, a 13-minute segment  on
Operation Gladio--a NATO operation of several decades' duration under which terrorist bombings
were done in Italy and blamed on Communists.  The 1980 bombing of the Bologna railway station
killed 80 civilians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vka7Da6e9LY#t

The segment has some good information and interviewed some solid people, but it's very sloppy
in its details.   At one point it falsely accuses Rachel Maddow of making personal attacks on 9/11
family members who were truthers, and right in the middle they feature Kevin Barrett's claim that
the respected Egyptian journalist Mohamed Heikal had admitted that he had been "virtually
running so-called Al-Qaeda" at a time when he was "at the highest levels of government in
Europe".   I tried to verify this claim and found nothing to support it.    That this libel did not raise
a shitstorm would appear to be a testament to Barrett's insignificance as an "expert" at Press TV.

The segment shows that RT failed to vet its experts and does not check its facts.  Take it with a
teaspoon of salt.