[GPSCC-chat] San Jose State Earth Day

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Apr 3 23:58:40 PDT 2014

Hi, Tian, et al.:

       What additional benefits would we get from Silver that we would
not get from Bronze?

       I'm all for supporting our volunteer tablers,  However, we have a
bank balance of only $1,004, and at our last meeting, March 27, we
collected $18.  In my memory, we've spent over $100 to table at a few
events, but I think we've declined more often at that level.  How much
do we usually collect when tabling at events like this?  I'm inclined to
vote "no", though I might be persuaded otherwise.

       Spencer

On 4/3/2014 10:47 PM, Tian Harter wrote:
> Hello Yall,
>
> The letter I got from San Jose State about tabling says they have four
> levels of table this year:
>
> *Level Price Description*
>
> Bronze
>

> Free
>

> Table, Two Chairs
>
> Silver
>

> $100
>

> Table, Two Chairs, Free Parking, 2 Meal Vouchers, 2 Earth Day San Jose
> T-Shirts, Logo on Website.
>
> Gold
>

> $250
>

> Table, Two Chairs, Free Parking, 2 Meal Vouchers, 2 Earth Day San Jose
> T-Shirts, Shade Structure, Logo on Website and Printed Materials,
> Included in Event Passport.
>
> Platinum
>

> $500
>

> Table, Two Chairs, Free Parking, 2 Meal Vouchers, 2 Earth Day San Jose
> T-Shirts, Shade Structure, Included in Event Passport, Prime Location,
> Logo on Website, All Publications and Earth Day San Jose T-shirts.
>
> *Vendor booths come with one 6-foot table and two chairs*
>

> It's short notice but I have to ask. Do we want to spring for silver
> level or settle for bronze?
> We have only a few days to decide.
>
> Whatever the choice, the event is on April 22 from 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
> Who wants to volunteer to table with me?
> --
> Tian
> http://tian.greens.org
> Latest change: Added pictures from SJBPs Hippies vs. Hipsters Ride.
> There's a dog angel on a Rhode Island quarter in my home.

Spencer Graves, PE, PhD
President and Chief Technology Officer
751 Emerson Ct.
San José, CA 95126