[GPSCC-chat] minutes of April 24 meeting of the Green Party of Santa Clara County

Andrea Dorey andi at wrytor.com
Fri Apr 25 11:36:02 PDT 2014

One important proposal was made that the USGS map be made available for any and all tabling events by the Green Party in order to get the rising waters issue to as many people as possible.  There was an informal consensus to the proposal.  The map was taken home by Drew.

Also, the banner is usually with Caroline, and has been a favorite with the thousands of people encountered at tabling events over the years.  Caroline is seeking more languages and always presents it as an example of the Green Party's global political presence and interest in the rights of all peoples.

[Some ideas not on the agenda but brought up at meetings deserve to be noted.  Andrea]

On Apr 24, 2014, at 11:12 PM, Spencer Graves wrote:

> Please reply to all with any additions or corrections.  Spencer
>

> On 4/24/2014 6:18 PM, perrysandy at aol.com wrote:
>>
>> Green Party Meeting Thursday, Apr 24, 2014
>> 7:00-7:30   GUEST SPEAKER:
>> Steve Raney, Principal at Cities21 in Palo Alto (350.org volunteer), will speak on  "Strategies to Defeat Exxon/Koch: Politics of Federal Climate Legislation".  Outline:
>> 1) Political strategies to enact strong federal climate legislation within 36 months (in the face of the overwhelming political power of the fossil fuel industry).
>> 2) Strategies of 350.org, Citizens Climate Lobby, and Environmental Defense.
>> 3) Professor Erica Chenoweth’s dataset of past international citizen movements shows that when 3.5% of a country’s population (11 million pro-climate Americans) is actively involved in a movement, 80% of those movements achieve their objectives.
>> 7:30   Meeting starts. Identify Facilitator:  Sandy
>

>> Note Taker:  Spencer
>

>> Vibes Watcher:  John
>

>> Time Keeper:  John
>

>> and Agenda Preparer for May: Caroline
>
>> 7:40   Introductions:
>
>       Caroline Yacoub
>

>        Betsy, on County Council
>

>       Peter O'Reilly:  for Diane Richy.  Labor event at Apple, May 2.  at 12, meet at BJs.  Organized by Working Partnerships USA.  Sat. May 3, program for Lynn Stuart.
>

>        Sandy Perry
>

>       John Thielking went to the Staple's protest also.  Wants help to analyze the veracity of that vast amounts of carbon can be sequestered using organic agriculture, came out of April 18 discussion on Tom Hartman's show (Big Picture RT).
>

>       Andrea Dorey.  Supports Nader.  Read "Only the super rich can save us" (fiction)
>

>       Max, student at DeAnza
>

>       Blair.
>

>        Spencer
>

>       Drew:  Started the DeAnza Green party with Sandy.
>

>> , announcements, additions or corrections to agenda. Agree on speaker for May 22 meeting:
>

>       Sandy will invite Brian Davis.
>

>> 7:50   Treasurer's report and hat passing
>

>> 7:55   Final report on Lundy P.O. Box. Andrea:
>

>       Green Party of Santa Clara County
>       PO Box 611083, San José, CA 95161-1083
>

>       $56 for 2 years
	charged on Andrea's Visa and is to be reimbursed by Treasurer.

>       SG to put the new address on the web site and ask Brian Davis where he got the old address.
	Caroline says the address is still on our old brochures, etc., and needs to be changed.  Andrea suggested a stamper be made to make the change and 		also could be used on envelopes.  No objections; ALD will do that.  A printing party will be organized.