[GPSCC-chat] Psychology and Climate Change

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 7 06:42:48 PDT 2014

Another FYI ...

In 1988, James Hansen testified about climate change
to Congress:
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/24/us/global-warming-has-begun-expert-tells-senate.html

As you know, the U.S. has not done much about this
since then.  I guessed that psychology and sociology
could probably say a lot about this.

Recently I discovered that the American Psychological
Association created a Task Force to look into
"the Interface Between Psychology and Global Climate Change".
And they created a report in 2011.  The page below
provides links to pdf files containing an executive
summary, a full report, policy recommendations, and more:

http://www.apa.org/science/about/publications/climate-change.aspx

Gerry