[GPSCC-chat] Tuning into the movement

Kaitlin at Move to Amend ksb.office at movetoamend.org
Wed Aug 6 10:23:46 PDT 2014

A MESSAGE FROM THE MOVE TO AMEND CAMPAIGN
The Campaign to End Corporate Personhood and Demand Real Democracy
-=-=-

Tune in... Turn on... Change the World!

Friend,
p. Most people come to Move to Amend because corporate Constitutional rights and money as protected political speech are at the root of so many of the problems we face today.

Many of you come out of social, economic and environmental justice work. And you support Move to Amend because you understand how all these issues are connected to corporate personhood and money as speech.

Our job is to reveal these connections to a growing audience, and we do so on Move to Amend Reports, every Thursday evening on blogtalkradio.com, at 5pm PT / 8pm ET. <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend>

Since the show launched 2 years ago, co-hosts Laura Bonham and Egberto Willies have covered the connections between corporate rule and numerous other issues. Among these are:

- A series on education ( here <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2013/08/16/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies> and  here <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2013/08/30/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies> ) including our most recent  interview with Jesse Hagopian <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2014/07/18/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies> a leader of the successful teacher test boycott in Seattle.
- Spotlight on Detroit and Michigan where corporate economic injustice is playing out in real time against real people. Here <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2014/04/04/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies> , here <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2014/06/27/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies> , and here <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2014/08/01/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies>. (And don’t miss our interview with Robert Reich <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2013/10/25/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies>.)
- Youth in Action focuses attention on the activism of young people. Listen to interviews with  Roshan Bliss <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2013/08/23/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies> and  Biola Jeje <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2013/08/30/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies>. More youth organizers will be featured in coming months.
In addition to these,  find shows <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend> on the climate crisis, net neutrality, public banking, peace, Labor, and interviews with community organizers utilizing new techniques and tried and true methods in successful and ongoing campaigns.

As we explore the connections between issues and corporate Constitutional rights, share organizing tips and techniques, and draw attention to the many aspects of corporate rule, we strengthen our movement and our resolve.

This week Move to Amend Reports will feature Alyssa Macy, the Executive Director of the International Indian Treaty Council, to discuss indigenous rights, political organizing for power, and the Pacific Northwest Social Forum. Please join the discussion tomorrow (Thurs, Aug 7) at 5pm PT / 8pm ET <http://www.blogtalkradio.com/movetoamend/2014/08/08/move-to-amend-reports-wlaura-bonham-egberto-willies> !

This is a call-in program. Just dial (646) 652-2345 to join the conversation.

If you can’t make it for the live show, please listen to the podcast, posted immediately following the show.

From the trenches,

Daniel Lee, David Cobb, Egberto Willies, George Friday, Jerome Scott, Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap, Laura Bonham, Edgar Franks, Richard Monje, Virginia Rasmussen, Shara Smith, Johannes Epke, Jessica Munger and Paul Benson

Move to Amend National Leadership Team&Staff

-=-=-
Move to Amend - PO Box 610, Eureka, CA 95502, United States
This email was sent to sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org.  To stop receiving emails: http://movetoamend.nationbuilder.com/unsubscribe
-=-=-