[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: 48-Hour Countdown in Press Freedom Fight

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at structuremonitoring.com
Sat Aug 9 11:21:56 PDT 2014

Hello, All:

        If you haven't already, I encourage you to take action to
support journalist James Risen, currently being threatened with prison
by the Obama administration.  One suggested action is outlined in the
email below.

        I believe that attacks on journalists, including this, represent
the single greatest threat to world peace, democracy, and a better life
for all.  All the other problems we face as a society would be more
tractable if more people cultivated a voracious appetite for substantive
investigative journalism and vigorous but respectful political discourse.

Spencer Graves, Executive Director
Effective Defense (effectivedefense.org)

p.s.  If you haven't already seen it, you might be interested in the
1-minute YouTube and companion blog on "Restrict secrecy more than data
collection" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV8mHfu3mDw and
http://sanjosepeace.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/restrict-secrecy-more-than-data-collection/).