[GPSCC-chat] Drought and Water District Elections

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Sun Aug 10 13:44:31 PDT 2014

It seems that you can't ever keep up with all of the news.  I remember
taking part in a long range plan public input session for the Water
District.   Everyone thought that water banking at Semitropic Water Bank
was a great idea.   Now,  the Santa Clara Valley Water District has
enough water there to get it through this 4th year of our drought, but
they can't get at it.  The whole system falls apart when there is not
enough water flowing through the system to allow necessary swaps to take
place.  See this article in the Mercury News:
http://www.mercurynews.com/News/ci_26308365/Water-exchange-at-risk

Note: one of the commenters links to the site of a candidate for
Director of the Santa Clara Valley Water District.

Now, with chances for a strong El Nino disappearing, how might we deal
with year 5 of a drought?
--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/