[GPSCC-chat] US Social Forum, Monterey GA Jan. 23-25, and SCCGP mtg Dec. 18

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Thu Dec 11 09:32:21 PST 2014

Hello, All:

QUESTIONS:

       1.  Who is working on the CA Green General Assemblies for
Monterey Jan. 23-25 or San José June 27-28 or the US Social Forum, San
José, June 24-27?  Especially the latter seems like a great opportunity
to help advance all kinds of social agendas.

       2.  Could we extend a special invitation to all who might be
interested in helping plan these events to come to the next meeting of
the Green Party of Santa Clara County, Dec. 18?  I plan to try to
recruit non-Greens who are working on the US Social Forum to come and
speak with us at 7 PM.

AGENDA FOR THE NEXT MEETING OF THE GREEN PARTY OF SANTA CLARA COUNTY,
DEC. 18:

       Please send this list your requests for agenda time for our
meeting next Thursday, Dec. 18.  The notes from Nov. 20 say that Sandy
Perry agreed to prepare the agenda.

       The two agenda items mentioned above could take the entire
meeting, I think:

             (1) The next CA Green General Assembly in Monterey, Jan.
23-25.  We need to select delegates.  Brian Good and Caroline Yacoub
have already indicated plans to go.

             (2) The US Social Forum, next June 24-27, and the companion
CA Green Party General Assembly June 27-28(?):  The state has asked the
Santa Clara Greens to host this event.  We've officially agreed to help
organize it, but have stated that we don't have enough committed
volunteers to do all the work;  we'll need help from people in other
counties.

      See you next Thursday, Dec. 18, at 7 PM.

       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PhD
Executive Director