[GPSCC-chat] recruiting volunteers for Citizens' Advisory Commission on Elections & Greens County Council

perrysandy at aol.com perrysandy at aol.com
Fri Feb 14 21:28:11 PST 2014

As far as a movie night goes, I would strongly recommend that we team up with EDGE, if they are willing, and co-sponsor their fourth Friday Economic Justice Film Series. EDGE is a group of about a half-dozen former Labor Party members who sponsor this film series plus Economics for Activists. Although they are not Greens themselves (except for me), they are definitely Green-friendly, and they are definitely open to showing environmental as well as economic movies. They screened "Bidder 70" earlier this year and three weeks ago showed a movie on species extinction.

I am willing to ask them if they would be willing to share sponsorship of the film series with us, and we could even possibly discuss changing its name, although I do not think they would want to call it a "Green Party" film series. On the other hand, I believe they would be happy to let us discuss our ideas, make our announcements, and generally have a strong presence at these movies if we wanted to. (I got a lot of signatures for our candidates at the last one).

If we join forces we could share costs, increase attendance, and all of us get to know each other better. Just an idea.

I will agendize some of these ideas for discussion at our GPSCC meeting Feb 27.

Sandy