[GPSCC-chat] Facebook Still Allows Guns For Sale Postings

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 06:55:27 PST 2014

Dear Friend,

>Teenagers are buying guns on Facebook, and the company is refusing to make one simple rule that would keep our kids safe.
>Reports have emerged that a
15 year-old boy in Kentucky bought a 9mm handgun through a dealer
advertising on Facebook, and took the gun to his high school's
homecoming game.

>Thankfully, no one was hurt -- but things could have
gone very differently.

>Google Plus, Craiglist, and
eBay have all banned gun ads, but Facebook doesn't stop users from
advertising private gun sales.

>Please sign the petition calling on
Facebook to do its part to protect our kids: http://action.sumofus.org/a/instaguns/?sub=taf
SumOfUs is a worldwide movement of people like you, working together to
hold corporations accountable for their actions and forge a new,
sustainable path for our global economy.

Please help keep SumOfUs strong by chipping in $3.