[GPSCC-chat] Laura Wells won a San Jose Precinct

Gerry Gras gerrygras at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 14:11:39 PDT 2014

You might think this is silly of me, but ...
This is an interesting piece of trivia, for me ...

According to the SCC ROV, Laura Wells won precinct 1370 (50%).
Geographically, it's neither large nor small.  To see
the results, go to:
http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/CA/Santa_Clara/51635/132035/Web01/en/summary.html

scroll down to Controller, click on Map, then put the cursor
over the blue precinct:

Here's the results:
Laura Wells        2
Betty Yee          1
Ashley Swearengen  1
rest of them       0

I don't have a precinct map, but based on the map that
shows your results, plus the map that shows San Jose City
Council District 3 results, plus a map showing all the
City Council districts ...

it appears very likely that this precinct is the area
with 101 to the south, Brokaw to the north, Oakland Road
to the East, and has 880 going through it.  It is all or
nearly all business or industrial.  ... And, if I have not
made a mistake about the boundary ... coincidentally it
includes the San Jose Mercury News, and the SCC ROV office.

Anyone have a precinct map?

Can anyone explain how someone could be registered
to vote in this precinct, if it is all business or
industrial?  Or is there a house or two remaining?

Gerry