[GPSCC-chat] "Don't Bomb Iraq Or Anyone Anymore" Bumper Stickers

John Thielking peacemovies at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:47:09 PDT 2014

Hello,

I was clearing out my two sheds at the place where I currently live and
getting rid of a bunch of stuff. I came across some old relics from my fair
trade crafts store that I had from 2006-2008. One of those old relics was a
stack of bumper stickers with the label "Don't Bomb Iraq Or Anyone Anymore"
that I had printed using Cafe Press.  There was also a smaller selection of
"Don't Be Fuelish" bumper stickers.

I was thinking that the first set of stickers was a bit out of date until
just a day or so ago. However, as of today, June 12, 2014, Obama has thrown
his support behind the installed puppet government of Iraq in their so far
failing attempts to stem the advancing tide of the
more-radical-than-Al-Queda insurgents that are attempting to take over all
of Iraq. Note that the insurgents in Iraq are among the same group as the
"rebels" attempting to overthrow Assad in Syria. So far, the speculation is
that Obama may start drone bombing Iraq (since he has left "all options" on
the table).  So I guess my old bumper stickers are still timely,
unfortunately.

I have left my entire stack of stickers (plus the remaining "Don't Be
Fuelish" stickers) inside the Peace Center at 48 s 7th street, San Jose,
CA. I managed to give away a few of each sticker on the light rail trip
downtown. The rail car was very crowded and someone just asked me if he
could have a sticker. So I gave a few people one of each.

For those of you who are into conspiracy theories, I have one just for this
afternoon. I rarely if ever use my cell phone in a way that tips off the
NSA as to where I am when I go out or where it is I am about to go. I
usually leave my cell phone at home. Today was a rare exception to this
rule. Before leaving my house to go to the Peace Center, I called the Peace
Center to verify that they were in fact open with staff present as
sometimes they are closed for the entire shift when they are supposed to be
open. I mentioned that I would be bringing bumper stickers for them to give
away that had the phrase "Don't Bomb Iraq Or Anyone Anymore". After I hung
up, I still left my cell phone at home.

Wouldn't you know it, when I got to the light rail station, I just missed
the 4:45 train and thought "no problem, I'll just wait for the 5:00
train".  At 5:15PM a train finally shows up, but it is only one car, not
the two cars that normally run all day in both directions on weekdays.
Supposition: there was some kind of disruption in service right at that
exact moment that I left for the Peace Center that required splitting the
Southbound trains into one car trains headed North and one car continuing
to head South, past the next few stations that were near the Santa Teresa
end of the line. I will watch the news tonight to see if there is a story
about any service disruption. Not a big deal for me really. There were no
delays on the return trip and the one Northbound train (with 2 cars) that
passed us on the way South was running on time.

On a lighter note, I introduced www.peacemovies.com to my new group of
Facebook pals who live in Eugene and got 10 unique visitors to my homepage
on Tuesday and 5 visitors on Wednesday when I normally get an average of 2
visitors per day. So I may decide to catch up with my 2014 movie reviews
sometime around August 2014 and then continue to review DVD new releases.

The other issues that I wanted to explore besides Peacemovies just aren't
that pressing or time consuming at the moment. I have a plan to investigate
the rather flaky claims made by PEN that there are nanoparticles of
Titanium Dioxide in food such as Rice Dream rice drink. The PEN database
that the claim is based on is "crowdsourced", so I consider their data as
presented to be no more reliable than the unfootnoted prose of a Wikipedia
article, which your high school English teacher would give you points off
your grade for quoting without providing an original source. The makers of
Rice Dream deny that they use nanotech or Titanium Dioxide, but I found a
food testing lab that will test some samples for me for only $150 per
sample. At some point I may seek crowdsource funding to pay for testing of
up to 96 different food products currently in the PEN database.  I was
going to footnote the article that originally turned me onto the PEN
database, but my computer can't access my bookmarks right now (too
congested while listening to Revolution Radio at
http://www.freedomslips.com/legacy.htm where people who also appeared on
RT's Crosstalk program are talking about the latest disasters in Ukraine,
Iraq and Syria) But I was able to Google for a new article which has a lot
more credible sources, located here:
http://www.dairyreporter.com/Manufacturers/Dannon-Daisy-LAG-deny-reported-titanium-dioxide-nanoparticle-use
. Apparently, there is a university study that was the basis for a Friends
of The Earth white paper on the subject. So I may not have to get my own
testing done after all.

I also have a plan to get around the possible discontinuation of the
availability of the Peacemovies web site if Net Neutrality goes away.
Regardless of what happens with Net Neutrality, I will put the 2011-2014
booklets on CD's and distribute them for free at first and then if I get a
bunch of interest, start charging $5 for a CD that has all 4 booklets on
it.The pdfs will also be available for download from the web site for free
for as long as that lasts The pdfs of the booklets will be interactive,
where the 3 minute previews of each movie that are available on youtube can
be played by clicking on a link in the pdf.  I may also update the web site
so that html pages that duplicate the booklets layouts and features can be
accessed with a cell phone without having to download a pdf file.  In the
remaining time that I have available (about 30 hours per month) I can start
reviewing movies available from Netflix that are intended to be viewed by
kids of ages 2-8 years old. There just aren't many movies available that
are nonviolent that are suitable for kids under age 10, so I will just have
to see what there is available on Netflix, probably from a selection of
older titles.

That is all for now.

Sincerely,

John Thielking