[GPSCC-chat] Problems With Chase Bank

Brian snug.bug at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 13 09:12:16 PDT 2014

I left Chase a couple of years ago.   I'd been meaning to transfer to a credit union,
but I'd been slow to choose one 'cause I didn't know how.  I'd been put off by the
atmosphere inside the bank--lots of gaudy posters advertising chances to win free
trips to beach resorts.

I was on my way to see Charles Ferguson (Inside Job, the movie) speak at Stanford,
and I thought I could stop in at the bank and scribble an order for new checks.
The teller referred me to a marketing desk and I sat down reluctantly.  She rep
assured me that this wouldn't take long.  Forty-five minutes later I was still sitting
there.  That's how long it took her to close out my old WaMu account and create
for me two brand new accounts.  No doubt this got her a nice commission and
gave the branch credit for new business, but all I wanted was some checks!

So I was late for Charles Ferguson and because I had bicycled I was clutching my
brand new blue folder with the big Chase star on it and I ran into Gerry Gras there
and when he saw my folder he gave me a disgusted look.

Within a month one of the credit unions was honoring Move Your Money day by
paying $100 to new customers and I took the plunge and I'm glad I did.

I still have the blue folder.  I keep all my papers about the economic meltdown and
the banksters in it.