[GPSCC-chat] Problems With Chase Bank

Donna Wallach palestineis at dslextreme.com
Thu Mar 13 09:21:29 PDT 2014

Hi John,

I had a Wamu bank account and then was stuck with Chase when the banks got
bailed out. I hated Chase from the beginning - I was being charged for
withdrawing money from the ATM machine, among other charges. The straw that
broke the camels back for me was when they were going to start charging me
money because I couldn't keep my bank account at $1,000 or more. I found a
credit union and switched as fast as I could. I was a very happy person the
day I could walk into Chase and close out my checking and savings accounts!
Chase Bank is as bad as Bank Of America considering the War Crimes they
fund.

Donna

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Brian <snug.bug at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I left Chase a couple of years ago.   I'd been meaning to transfer to a
> credit union,
> but I'd been slow to choose one 'cause I didn't know how.  I'd been put
> off by the
> atmosphere inside the bank--lots of gaudy posters advertising chances to
> win free
> trips to beach resorts.
>
> I was on my way to see Charles Ferguson (Inside Job, the movie) speak at
> Stanford,
> and I thought I could stop in at the bank and scribble an order for new
> checks.
> The teller referred me to a marketing desk and I sat down reluctantly.
> She rep
> assured me that this wouldn't take long.  Forty-five minutes later I was
> still sitting
> there.  That's how long it took her to close out my old WaMu account and
> create
> for me two brand new accounts.  No doubt this got her a nice commission
> and
> gave the branch credit for new business, but all I wanted was some checks!
>
> So I was late for Charles Ferguson and because I had bicycled I was
> clutching my
> brand new blue folder with the big Chase star on it and I ran into Gerry
> Gras there
> and when he saw my folder he gave me a disgusted look.
>
> Within a month one of the credit unions was honoring Move Your Money day
> by
> paying $100 to new customers and I took the plunge and I'm glad I did.
>
> I still have the blue folder.  I keep all my papers about the economic
> meltdown and
> the banksters in it.

> ------------------------------
> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 08:25:23 -0700
> From: pagesincolor at yahoo.com
> To: sosfbay-discuss at cagreens.org; palestineis at dslextreme.com
> Subject: [GPSCC-chat] Problems With Chase Bank
>

> South Bay <https://www.indybay.org/southbay> | Global Justice and
> Anti-Capitalism <https://www.indybay.org/globalization>
>  *Problems With Chase Bank*
> by John Thielking ( pagesincolor [at] yahoo.com <pagesincolor at yahoo.com>)
> *Wednesday Mar 12th, 2014 4:52 PM *
>
> Chase Bank is no longer a serious bank. Has anyone else had problems with
> them similar to what I am having?
>
> Has anyone else experienced the following problem with their bank recently
> (my bank is Chase)? Scores of debit card charges over the past two months
> have been declined allegedly due to the transactions being flagged for
> possible fraud. I say allegedly because I doubt this is the real reason.
> Two sets of transactions cause me to think that legitimate flagging for
> fraud is not the true cause. One set of transactions was with Microsoft to
> do a prepayment for the Bing search engine. Half the online marketers in
> the world use Bing so doing a transaction with them through Chase should be
> [...]

*"Nobody in the world, nobody in history,has ever gotten their freedom by
appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them."*
Assata Shakur
Free Palestine!
Right of Return for all Palestinians to Palestine!
Free all political prisoners!
End United $tates of Amerikkka invasions and occupations