[GPSCC-chat] "Inequality for All" next Sunday, March 30, 2-4:30 PM

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Wed Mar 26 19:49:40 PDT 2014

Hello, All:

	  Just a reminder:  "Inequality for All" will be shown again next
Sunday, March 30, 2 - 4:30 PM, at the San José Peace & Justice Center.
After the movie, we will discuss what we can do about it.  A list of
alternative actions discussed last Friday is available as "Combatting
Inequality for All" at wiki.rootstrikers.org
(http://wiki.rootstrikers.org/index.php?title=Combatting_Inequality_for_All).

	  The suggested actions include the following:

		    1.  Make "talking politics" the national sport.  If you want to
terrorize the ultra-wealthy, vote -- but don't vote for anyone who can
afford television advertising ;-)

		    2.  Be active politically

		    3.  Understand the business model of commercial media

		    4.  Increase the minimum wage

		    5.  Support unions:  The US had broadly shared economic growth
from 1947 to 1970 when unions were strong.  Since then, we've had slower
growth, and most of the benefits have gone into manufacturing an
ultra-wealthy class we didn't have in 1970.

		    6.  Improve public education

		    7.  Support electoral reforms such as discussed in the Wikipedia
article on "Electoral reform in the United States".

	  Regarding the latter, we'll have petitions to sign for SB 52
(requiring political advertisements to clearly identify their top three
contributors) and the Santa Clara County Move to Amend initiative --
plus voter registration forms.

	  Y'all come.

	  Spencer

--