[GPSCC-chat] Fw: ATM fees robbing welfare-to-work funds in California

John Thielking pagesincolor at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 09:21:09 PDT 2014

I'm currently using my Direct Express debit card for receiving my SSDI payments. I have the option of being charged $1.50 to make one big deposit into my Chase checking account and then using the free ATMs to make withdrawls. I am being charged $10 per month for having less than the minimum required balance in my checking account. Since I'm trying to avoid using Chase altogether (see previous e-mails on this for background) and I don't yet have another checking account that I could use in Eugene, OR in June, I'm stuck being charged $3 per ATM withdrawl at any ATM other than Chase so that I don't give any more money to Chase.  It would be nice if I weren't being charged the $3 each time I use the ATMs, but for now I'm not complaining too much. I'm just glad to no longer be using Chase for much of anything. Can the CA benefits card be used as a regular debit card/charge card? If so there should be no fees when it is used at a store to make a purchase and
 get cash back.

John Thielking