[GPSCC-chat] Fw: [350SiliconValley] Fwd: Fw: Update - Obama Rally Now in San Jose!

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Wed May 7 15:27:57 PDT 2014

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Pierre Delforge <pedelforge at gmail.com>
To: 350siliconvalley at googlegroups.com; "350-silicon-valley-chat at googlegroups.com" <350-silicon-valley-chat at googlegroups.com>
Cc: Lisa Altieri <laltieri at earthlink.net>
Sent: Wednesday, May 7, 2014 2:14 PM
Subject: [350SiliconValley] Fwd: Fw: Update - Obama Rally Now in San Jose!

Hi all,

    The Obama Fundraiser was moved from Mountain
View to the Fairmont Hotel in San Jose.  Here is the updated
info:

Obama KXL Protest – UPDATED Time & Location!!
Thursday, 5/8, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Plaza De Cesar Chavez Park, San Jose (across from Fairmont Hotel)
RSVP link:  http://www.350siliconvalley.org/obama_kxl_protest2

We do not have an exact arrival time, but expect Obama to arrive between
5-6 pm. If you plan to attend, PLEASE RSVP so we can send
updates!  We will be on site protesting until he leaves (6:30 –
7pm), so if you can’t make it at 5 pm, still come!  More info on the RSVP
page.

Parking is limited, parking info at http://sjdowntownparking.com/parking-map
Public trans: Fairmont is .8 miles from the San Jose Diridon Caltrain
Station and .1 mile from the San Antonio Station Lightrail stop.

Second Event:
Obama Press Conference at WalMart
600 Showers Drive, Mountain View
Friday, 5/9, 9:55 am
Time is not 100% confirmed, recommend showing up by 9 or 9:30 am.
No official RSVP, just come if you can.

If anyone can show up, there is a press conference scheduled for Friday
morning in Mountain View at Walmart.  Obama will be talking about energy
efficiency.  Walmart has announced they are setting a goal of 100%
renewable electricity.  However, they are in PG&E territory where they
have no option to purchase green power.  Excellent opportunity for us to
show up and push for PG&E to Get With the Program and offer all customers
(business & residential) the option to voluntarily purchase green
power.  As well as push Obama on KXL & climate...

Hope you can make it!

350 Silicon Valley Team