[GPSCC-chat] Fwd: UPDATE -- Silicon Valley, Tell Pres. Obama: No Keystone XL!

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Wed May 7 16:43:14 PDT 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	UPDATE -- Silicon Valley, Tell Pres. Obama: No Keystone XL!
Date: 	Wed, 07 May 2014 20:46:12 +0000
From: 	Sara Shor - 350.org <350 at 350.org>
To: 	Wesley Rolley <wrolley at charter.net>

Friends,

President Obama's fundraiser has been moved -- and we're moving our no
Keystone XL protest to meet him!

Here's the new information:

*What*: Silicon Valley tells Pres. Obama: No KXL! A family-friendly
rally to tell President Obama no to Keystone XL and tar sands!

*When*: Thursday, 5/8, 5:00 – 7:00 pm (please join us even if you can't
come until after work!)

*Where*: Plaza De Cesar Chavez Park,Market St. and Park Ave., San Jose
(across from Fairmont Hotel),

*Who:* 350 Silicon Valley, 350 Bay Area, 350.org, and many more!

*Click here to RSVP for the updated event:
www.350siliconvalley.org/obama_kxl_protest2
<http://act.350.org/go/5178?t=1&akid=4567.214271.4QbHr5>*

We do not have an exact arrival time, but expect Obama to arrive between
5-6 pm.  Folks will be on location until he leaves (6:30 – 7 pm), so if
you can’t make it at 5 pm, still come!

Parking is limited, but the location is .8 miles from the San Jose
Diridon Caltrain Station and .1 mile from the San Antonio Station
Lightrail stop.

Let's roll,

Sara

Friends,

2 weeks ago, President Obama and his administration delayed - yet again
- the decision on the Keystone XL pipeline.

But Big Oil is not happy. They’re working with their allies in Congress
to try and force the president’s hand in a vote that could happen as
soon as tomorrow. *No matter what Congress does, President Obama still
has the power to put a stop to the pipeline -- but only if we push.*

Obama is coming to Mountain View on Thursday, and we'll be there to
remind him what to do: Reject KXL!*The bigger our crowd, the stronger
our message to the President will be. Think you can make it?*

*Click here to RSVP: www.350siliconvalley.org/obama_kxl_protest2
<http://act.350.org/go/5178?t=2&akid=4567.214271.4QbHr5>*

**Here are the details:

*What*: Silicon Valley tells Pres. Obama: No KXL! A family-friendly
rally to tell President Obama no to Keystone XL and tar sands!

*When*: Thursday, 5/8, 5:00 – 7:00 pm (please join us even if you can't
come until after work!)

*Where*: Plaza De Cesar Chavez Park,Market St. and Park Ave., San Jose
(across from Fairmont Hotel),

*Who:* 350 Silicon Valley, 350 Bay Area, 350.org, and many more!

*Click here to RSVP*
<http://act.350.org/go/5178?t=3&akid=4567.214271.4QbHr5>

Folks here in California have fought some of the strongest, hardest
battles on health and climate. From coal to oil to clean energy,
California has led the fight against the destructive fossil fuel
companies and for the promotion of clean energy. Let's keep up the
pressure and show the President that we demand his leadership now, and
that starts with a rejection of the Keystone XL pipeline.

If it weren't for strong grassroots opposition, this pipeline would have
been approved years ago, which is why we need to keep the pressure on.
  We will not let President Obama put the fate of our drinking water or
climate in the hands of the oil companies.

*There will be signs and banners at the rally already -- you just need
to bring yourself and get ready to make some noise
<http://act.350.org/go/5178?t=4&akid=4567.214271.4QbHr5>.*

Let's roll.

Sara

350.org <http://350.org?akid=4567.214271.4QbHr5> is building a global
climate movement. Become a sustaining donor to keep this movement strong
and growing. <https://act.350.org/donate/build/?akid=4567.214271.4QbHr5>

You can update your contact information here
<https://act.350.org/login/?next=/me/update/&t=5&akid=4567.214271.4QbHr5>,
or if you're 100% sure you never want to hear from 350.org again you can
click here to unsubscribe.