[GPSCC-chat] vote NO to not retain CA Justice Werdegar but YES on Liu.

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Mon Nov 3 10:11:21 PST 2014

Hello, All:

	  Below please find a recommendation from Dave Kadlecek (Peace &
Freedom Party) to vote YES to retain CA Supreme Court Justice Liu and NO
to not retain Justice Werdegar;  please excuse my earlier alternative
recommendation.

       Kadlecek noted (below) that the justices did NOT vote against
placing the "Overturn Citizens United" initiative on a ballot, only
against placing it on the ballot for November 4, 2014.  In brief, he
says that if a bill is to take effect before 1 January of the following
year, it must be an "urgency bill", and SB 1272 that authorized this
initiative failed to meet several of the requirements of urgency bills;
  see below.

       Best Wishes,
       Spencer

--