[GPSCC-chat] Fw: Thoughts from Santa Barbara activist on failed fracking ban measure

Caroline Yacoub carolineyacoub at att.net
Thu Nov 13 16:19:33 PST 2014

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 1:37 PM, Brian Haberly <brianhaberly at gmail.com> wrote:

HI again friends!  Here is a short email from one of the Santa Barbara area activists that worked on the fracking ban measure in Santa Barbara County that went down to defeat, largely buried under $7-8 million in spending by Chevron et al.

Katie Davis drives home the point that "extreme energy extraction" (just as we referenced it in our proposed Palo Alto resolutions) is so important to reference, since cyclic steam injection and acidizing as unconventional oil production practices each have their own associated problems.  It isn't "just" fracking that we're concerned about, but unconventional oil production as a whole.

Brian H.