[GPSCC-chat] Smart Meters revisited

Wes Rolley wrolley at charter.net
Fri Nov 14 14:43:37 PST 2014

I was never one who had a paranoid fear of smart meters.  For me, they
are now the key to being able to manage my electric costs. For example,
since PG&E now has over a year of interval data on my electric use,
their tools were able to calculate the savings I will get in switching
to Time of Use (E6) rates.  Much of my heavy use (baking, firing
pottery, running the fan on the furnace, etc.) comes at off peak times
and we rarely use A/C.

Now, as we are choosing a rooftop solar vendor, that becomes even more
important.  We will be generating the peak amount of electricity at the
highest rate times and having to purchase electricity at nights, when
the rates are significantly lower.

--
"Anytime you have an opportunity to make things better and you don't,
then you are wasting your time on this Earth" - /Roberto Clemente/