[GPSCC-chat] Silicon Valley firm fined for paying Indian workers one-sixth of minimum wage

Tian Harter tnharter at aceweb.com
Sat Oct 25 01:42:38 PDT 2014

On 10/24/2014 03:18 PM, Brian wrote:

>  Silicon Valley firm fined for paying Indian workers one-sixth of
> minimum wage
>  http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/Silicon-Valley-firm-fined-for-paying-Indian-workers-one-sixth-of-minimum-wage/articleshow/44923250.cms
>

>  NEW DELHI: A Silicon Valley company has been fined by the US
> Department of Labor for paying just $1.21 an hour to eight Indian
> employees it had flown in from its Bangalore office to install
> computer systems at its Fremont headquarters, the San Jose Mercury
> News reported on October 22.

I had coworkers that were paid that kind of wage back in the '80s. I
thought about them a lot. Wondered what to do about it. Never did
anything. Tip the paper. Never thought of that. Good idea!

EFI is pretending it's an isolated case. Ummm... I bet there is a lot of
that kind of thing out there.

--
Tian
http://tian.greens.org