[GPSCC-chat] consider joining Americans for Less Secrecy, More Democracy

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Wed Sep 24 11:13:59 PDT 2014

Hello, Caroline, et al.:

ALL:  What do you think about becoming a "Coalition Partner" of
"Americans for Less Secrecy, More Democracy"
(www.openthegovernment.org)?  "Americans for Less Secrecy, More
Democracy" provides a web portal that invites interested people to
comment and coordinate action on currently considered legislation. A
major issue for them right now is S. 2520, the FOIA Improvement Act,
which reportedly would further limit the ability of government
bureaucrats to hide documents they don't want published.  I propose to
learn more about the procedures for becoming a "Coalition Partner" of
"Americans for Less Secrecy, More Democracy" and report same to this
group with a proposal for next steps at our next meeting.

CAROLINE:  Could you please place on the agenda for tomorrow evening,
'Proposed:  Spencer is authorized to ask about the requirements for
becoming a "Coalition Partner" of "Americans for Less Secrecy, More
Democracy" and report any recommendations for next steps to
sosfbay-discuss and our next monthly meeting.' (5 minutes?)

       Thanks,
       Spencer

--
Spencer Graves, PhD